At swisstimepieces.co.uk we are committed to provide you with all your needs to ensure your new jewellery piece stands the test of time and continues to shine above the rest. To help fulfill our commitment to you, our Jewellery aftercare guide will provide you with all the information you require to keep your jewellery clean, protected and in exquisite condition throughout its lifetime.
Wearing your Jewellery
Your jewellery can be worn as often as you would like, however to reduce wear and tear precautions and storage are advisable when undertaking certain activities which may deteriorate the condition of your jewellery.
- When wearing a ring, it is always advisable to remove and store safely when undertaking any washing up or physical activities that require the use of your hands. Failure to do so may result in corrosion in the metal due to chemicals or possible scratch’s and cracks may occur in the diamond or gemstone, if knocked.
- Always remove any jewellery when applying any form of beauty products, including perfume and hairspray.
- Never soak or submerge your jewellery in water, however if at any point your jewellery comes into contact with chemicals, delicately rinse off with water to prevent any form of chemical erosion.
- When removing any jewellery to undertake any activities as mentioned above, ensure it is stored securely in its box provided out of harm’s way.
Cleaning your Jewellery
Every piece of jewellery when worn are open to the elements, so It is essential to continuously keep your jewellery piece clean to preserve the materials and retain its pristine appearance. All of our jewellery is delicately made to complex designs, so we advise any jewellery purchased from swisstimepieces.co.uk is cleaned frequently by professional jewellers to a high standard. However, home cleaning is recommended from time to time to remove any small marks from daily wear such as fingerprints, dust etc. To conduct a delicate clean of your jewellery at home follow our simple steps.
- Fill a small bowl with lukewarm soapy water and gently bathe.
- Using a small soft brush such as a toothbrush, gently scrub around the settings and stone making sure only gentle pressure is applied to prevent any scratching.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water to remove any left-over soap.
- Dry using a soft lint free cloth to prevent any left-over cloth fibres and enrich the shine.
- Check over, to ensure the jewellery piece has fully dried before placing back into storage.
Whenever you are not wearing your jewellery, storing your jewellery securely and safely will ensure that your precious piece is kept out of harm’s way. All of our jewellery is provided in a luxury box, secured inside by cushion and foam, it is advisable to keep hold of this box for safe storage throughout its lifetime. Storing in a larger jewellery box is also recommended, however each individual piece should be stored in separate compartments, within a velvet pouch or covered by foam or tissue paper. This helps prevent any damage from scratching. It is essential to store your jewellery away from sunlight and damp environments.
- Handle gems and pearls as little as possible; the natural oils on your skin can dull the stone.
- Diamonds can scratch each other, as well as other stones and metals, so keep them separate from your other jewellery to avoid damage.
- If you are using a jewellery cleaner, it needs to be non-abrasive. You can purchase a specialist jewellery cleaning solution from your local professional jewellers.
- Any rings made of pearl and other lustrous materials should only be cleaned by professionals, as even the lightest chemicals can damage the sheen of the pearls.
- Any piece of jewellery can be seen as an investment for a lifetime and due to this we advise some form of insurance is secured. This will help ensure that if anything unfortunate happened to your jewellery it can be remade to the exact form as the original and you can continue to enjoy your exquisite piece.